lantern fruit wtf what the fruit physalis bladdercherry vitamin berry

Lantern fruit

Are also called Physalis or the sexy name...bladder cherry.  It is a fruit that you can eat but they are also used as ornamental plants. These berries have calcium, iron, vitamin A en C. This berry grows all year round in Columbia, but I bought this in Germany because I felt this looked funky enough for a blogpost.


lantern fruit wtf what the fruit physalis bladdercherry vitamin berry

This berry is used for jam and making pies. It is a sour berry that is sold in plastic baskets. Eating this is kind of hard, the moment I got this I plucked the berry out of the dried leafs. And sticky liquid oozed out, it was horrible. Well it was kind of horrible, it just feels dirty. I found out that the best way to eat this is to pull the leafs back and just bite the Physalis off. I think this is an unique fruit that would be amazing to serve at a party.

Also for macro's a 100 grams is, I think it is very decent. Also with the amount of vitamins and calcium.
53 kcal
Carbs 11,20 g
Fat 0,70 g
Protein 1,90 g

Water 85,40 g
Calcium 9 mg
Vitamin C 11 mg
Vitamin B12 2,8 mg

lantern fruit wtf what the fruit physalis bladdercherry vitamin berry

What do you think about this, would you try it?
 photo BAM.png


Welcome to my blog

 photo 13da7f3f-7824-452d-a9d6-591e923969b3.jpg

Instagram

Followers

Check these out

 photo WE.jpg

Blog Archive