'Sour' Cherry, Kiwi, Orange and Chia!

Smoothies have to be my favorite thing to make, I am not really a cook but I like fresh things. And my favorite thing to use is my smoothie maker, but I noticed that I never wrote about my concoctions and shared my favorite smoothies. I really wanted to do this article and make more of these articles. This blogpost is going to packed with information about the ingredients and the recipe. I really wanted to highlight why this smoothie is healthy and why I added what I added. My 'sour' smoothie is sour, but in a good way. I think this combination is really tasty and fresh. So do read more!




Recipe

  • Half a cup of sour cherries
  • Half a glass of orange juice
  • 3 kiwi's
  • A few drops of lime juice
  • 2 tea spoons of chia seeds
Simply cut and mix together all the fruit. I personally use normal kiwi's, bottled orange juice and frozen sour cherries. Then I add a little drops of lime juice for some extra oopf. I always add the chia seeds on the end because I found that they mix really bad with everything and clump on the bottom of the glass.


Why is it healthy?

  • Chia Seeds
Chia seeds is a super food that is currently trending. Many people add it daily to their meals, but why do we add those little seeds? Just a 28-gram or one-ounce serving of chia has 11 grams of dietary fibre also it is packed with omega 3. What is good for brain health, and we like to keep or brain healthy. Also I personally feel when I up my omega 3, I get less headaches. But that does not work for everybody, but me personally...I live by it. Also it is packed with calcium what is good for bones and teeth. Also they have a nice amount of protein what helps muscle growth. Also my favorite thing is that Chia's stabilizing effect on blood sugar also fights insulin resistance which can be tied to an increase in belly fat. 
  • Sour Cherries
While my mean reason to add cherries is that they just taste amazing, they also have a few health benefits. They lower blood pressure and also the risk on getting a heart disease. They help to improve memories, what almost makes me want to snack on these before a big test. And my favorite thing, they help to improve a good nights sleep and can reduce insomnia. I often have a hard time to get to sleep, so I think I will add these sour cherries to my regular foods.
  • Kiwi
Kiwi's are said to improve your skin, while my skin is normally very decent I think the added benefits are always nice. Thanks to the vitamin C it is said to improve the skin texture and prevent sun damage. Again a fruit that helps you sleep better and that is good for your heart. Also one added benefit that I want to highlight, this fruit also helps against constipation. 
  • Orange Juice
To be honest, I used juice out of a pack. But it is better to make fresh juice, but sadly enough I did not have the oranges in house. I always add a liquid for better blending, normally I prefer coconut water/milk but every once in a while I like some OJ. Oranges are packed with vitamin C what is good to improve your skin as I said before, it also helps to prevent diseases. It also lowers cholesterol and fights viral infections. 
  • Lime Juice
Lime juice is something that I keep on my desk next to me. I currently add it to my water to give it some extra taste and some benefits. As the same fruits before this, this also is packed with vitamin C, it helps the skin. Also it is said to help weight loss and will kick your metabolism a hint higher. Also I love the taste it adds to the smoothie.


  
 So this is my smoothie, no fancy name but a lot of nice ingredients and a lovely taste. I would love to hear if you made this and what you think of this. So please leave a comment down bellow. 








Welcome to my blog

 photo 13da7f3f-7824-452d-a9d6-591e923969b3.jpg

Instagram

Search

Loading...

Followers

Check these out

 photo WE.jpg

Blog Archive