Get your snack on

I think healthy snacks are hard for some people because there are so many options but when you start to think you normally end up with the usual "Fruit of Veggies" so today I collected some healthy inspiration when you need a little snack. Do read more to see a lot of inspiration, recipes and eye candy.



Apple and peanut-butter.

The combination of apple and peanut butter is a killer and powerhouse. Peanut butter is loaded with healthy fats and apple is one damn healthy piece of fruit. I found 4 recipes that combine the above combination but also add a little extra, from left to right. Apple, Peanut butter and Granola this is one of the most easy things to do, just slice the apple and add the p.butter and granola. It is easy to do and if you make this 'sandwich style' you can take it with you to school or work. The next one is with Toasted Whole Wheat Berry Flakes & Flaxseed it used the peanut butter as glue and makes it a crunchy snack. I can see this being taken with you to school or work also. Chocolate-Peanut Butter Granola Apple Bites combine with chocolate making it more a 'snack' this might be a tad harder to make but it looks great during a party. And the last one Apple Sandwiches is similar to the others, it is sandwich style with chocolate added. Really nice!


Fruit snacks

The first is fruit skewers but with a twist, it has some cocos rasped over it. I think this adds a nice twist to the normal 'boring' fruit on a stick. The seconds variation has dark chocolate drizzled over it, I once wrote about the health benefits of dark chocolate and I think adding a bit to fruit is a nice touch. The last two feature the same idea strawberries dipped in yogurt and frozen and yogurt molds with fruit this are a great after workout snack when you are warm and need a little cooling down.


A mix of things

The first one features a mix of the apple peanut butter but uses banana instead of apple. I think this is a really great high energy snack. The second one features yogurt, fibers and fruit in a nice fancy looking snack. I think it looks really nice and the layering can be worked to taste. I think a mix with only fruits and yogurt would also be great! Cinnamon Coconut Protein Cookies these are surely on my list to make someday. These sound so tasty and are really healthy.  And last but not least some healthy chocolate chip cookies These actually sound easy to make and sound really tasty. 


Smoothies

I did find some nice smoothies that I wanted to share. Lets start with a green smoothie, the least tasty looking smoothie but so healthy. The one above has cucumber, lemon, celery, spinach, apple and banana. It does sound like a tasty combination.The triple berry frozen smoothie has to be my favorite, the color the look and the ingredients all are amazing. Katrina really did a great job making this smoothie and the recipe is really easy to follow. The last one has kind of a mucky color but the ingredients are lush. It features Banana, Vanilla & Peanut Butter

So I do hope you found some inspiration with this blogpost. Leave me a comment telling me what is your favorite of these recipes. 


Welcome to my blog

 photo 13da7f3f-7824-452d-a9d6-591e923969b3.jpg

Instagram

Followers

Check these out

 photo WE.jpg

Blog Archive