So you might have seen my wishlist and the fact that I wanted a nice rose gold coin. On my wishlist where two coins in Rose that I wanted. Now when I came to store I decided to ask the women to pull a few coins for me. While normally I would have gotten a few I now decided I would only buy one coin. There was one coin that I wanted for a long time in silver or gold but in the end....I picked that coin in rose. Read more to see what kind of coin I picked.




I know that some people do not like the silver and rose gold combination but I love it! Now as you can see I picked a Hamsa hand. I googled the meaning beforehand and got on wikipedia [never a great source]

The hamsa (Arabicخمسة‎ khomsah, also romanized khamsa, meaning lit. "five") is a palm-shaped amulet popular throughout the Middle East andNorth Africa, and commonly used in jewelry and wall hangings Depicting the open right hand, an image recognized and used as a sign of protection in many societies throughout history, the hamsa is believed to provide defense against the evil eye. It is also known as the hand of Fatima, so named to commemorate Muhammad's daughter Fatima Zahra. Levantine Christians call it the hand of Mary, for the mother of Jesus. Following its incorporation into Jewish tradition via its widespread use in the Islamic world, it was also renamed the hand of Miriam for Miriam, sister of Moses.
I love that is counted as a sign of protection against the evil eye. In my family we have a joke that my granny always gives me the evil eye. So yes, I can use the protection! [Thank god my granny does not have internet and does not follow my blog]


I love the little details and the fact that is has mate and shiny elements.  Also the hand design is lovely and if I am correct it is symmetrical, except the middle finger.

So what do you think? Love it? Hate it?

Welcome to my blog

 photo 13da7f3f-7824-452d-a9d6-591e923969b3.jpg

Instagram

Followers

Check these out

 photo WE.jpg

Blog Archive